If you are building or renovating there are a couple of things your builder needs to do to prepare your home for fibre broadband.
1. Call 0800 4 FIBRE to get a free fibre lead-in
Enable provides a free underground lead-in for almost all properties in our coverage area. We will install our red micro-tubing whilst the service trench is open.
2. Install structured wiring and a home distribution box
We recommend installing Cat6 ethernet cabling that travels out through a central hub called a home distribution box.
3. Install internal fibre conduit
Make sure your electrician installs an internal fibre conduit from the outside of your house to your home distribution box.
Preparing a home for fibre checklist:
- Our builder, electrician or driveway contractor has called 0800 4 FIBRE to arrange red fibre ducting to be installed while the service trench is open or before a new driveway is laid
- We’re having structured Cat6 wiring installed
- A home distribution box is included in our house design
- Our electrician is including an internal fibre conduit in our house
- We’ve considered all the locations we need an Ethernet jack point in our house
- We’ve considered whether we need jack points for our telephones – or will use a telecommunications provider that provides specialist internet phones
- We’ve chosen an alarm system that’s designed to work over fibre
For more detailed information including all wiring diagrams please see Enable's cabling installation standards.