Newly created role! Are you full of creative ideas and a great storyteller?
Who are we?
Enable is the fibre broadband network provider for greater Ōtautahi. For almost 15 years, Enable has been providing Christchurch and its surrounding areas with Fibre Broadband – reaching over 200,000 businesses, homes and schools. We are 100% owned by Christchurch City which means we are owned by Cantabrians. Day in and day out, we are connecting people to fibre, but additionally, we are always looking for new ways to serve the community. Did you know in February 2018 we went to Antarctica and installed fibre broadband?
We are looking for a proactive, passionate, and skilled Communications Lead to find exciting ways to engage with customers and our community.
Our newly formed Commercial team needs an experienced communications expert who’s passionate about delivering consumer-focused communications campaigns utilising events and activations, and digital, social media, PR activity and media response.
You will be working closely with your peers in the Marketing and Engagement team to deliver great work across all communications disciplines.
That’s where you come in
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent experience is required in business communications, public relations or journalism
- 5-7 years' experience in a communications role
- Specific experience managing communications in the Christchurch environment and strong local stakeholder relationships
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships and influence
- Experience in communications strategy development and passion for delivering communications initiatives – across a range communications functions
You will be passionate about Ōtautahi and driven to ensure our customers, community and stakeholders are engaged and informed in all the things Enable is doing that benefits them.
Enable is growing and we have ambitious goals and we need you to help us communicate our achievements. If you are looking for their next exciting adventure this role is for you.
Working at Enable
Our people are the beating heart of our business and how they work tirelessly for the community of Ōtautahi is so special.
We celebrate our team by giving them access to perks that are centred wholly around our employees’ wellness. We truly believe if our people are happy and well, their work will reflect that!
- Flexible working arrangements, as flexible as they can get! If you need to take the kids to school and pick them up, no worries!
- Trust, we believe in output, not input.
- $50 toward a monthly broadband allowance.
- An annual paid ‘RefreshMe’ day off, a free day off to fill your cup!
- $250 toward an annual sustainability and wellbeing allowance. Spend it on running shoes, a bike rack, someone once spent it on a worm farm!
You can view the full position description here. For any enquiries please reach out to our People and Culture team at firstname.lastname@example.org